If your passion for dance is propelling you to seek out instruction from a top Dallas-based dance school, here’s how.
Don’t forget to also check out the explore page for some additional dance schools when you’re done reading about Apex!
Dancing has been gaining popularity as a fitness and recreation activity across the United States, including in Dallas. The dance community in Dallas is growing and the city has become a destination for dancers of all levels. The Apex School of Dance opened in 2018 with the goal to provide quality instruction, affordable tuition, and a fun environment for students to learn and grow as dancers.
Apex offers classes in ballet, modern, lyrical hip hop, contemporary, tap and more! Our instructors are trained professionals with years of experience teaching students from ages 2-18. We have a wide range of class options available so you can choose the program that best fits your needs.
For those who want to learn the art of dance, Apex Dance in Dallas is an ideal place.
Apex Performing Arts and Dance Studio offers lessons in a variety of dance forms, from ballet to hip-hop. The studio’s rich history makes it well worth exploring.
A visually stimulating and thought-provoking experience from the artist to the audience; that’s what Apex Dance strives to achieve. Apex Dance was created with a mission to build a positive dancing atmosphere with loving and energetic teachers. The leading lady of the studio Donna has a history of successful choreography journey. Her talent and skill is what sets this studio apart. She takes pride in her studio and trains her dancers with passion and love.
Besides her acclaim as a professional performer and trainer, she shares an adorable bond with people, especially children. She established Apex Performing Arts and Dance Studio as a place that is committed to help children develop their dancing skills and unleash their maximum potential in a supportive environment.
Donna and her equally supportive, energetic, and loving staff ensures that every child at the Apex Studio feels heard and seen. Along with Donna, her experienced team ensures that each aspiring dancer receives quality training and personal attention. While training the lovely dancers, the caring staff ensures that their work impacts the lives of the young dancers positively.
The founders’ successful efforts have been rewarded with awards in several competitions and made them leaders among their competitors.
All in all, their dancing team has come away with 7 platinum awards and 9 gold awards at Dupree Dance Competition in 2022 alone.
- Experienced trainers: Apex Dance boasts an experienced staff. These close-knit experienced trainers have years of experience of training and teaching young learners. They not only focus on teaching the right techniques and style to the aspiring dancers, but also keep it fun and enjoyable.
- A positive atmosphere: These trainers also inculcate a positive atmosphere for your kids.
- Accommodate all age-groups: Apex Dance also ensures that it accommodates all the age-groups from ages 3-18. Kids interact and collaborate with their peers and build social skills.
Apex Dance Studio offers a wide range of dance classes for young people, from professionals to beginners.
The Studio offers Jazz, Hip hop, Contemporary, Lyrical, Combo classes (Tap/Ballet), Modern, Musical theatre and much more.
The Dance Studio follows a traditional fall session schedule and also provides summer camps as well. Their summer camps run from June through July and are offered in 3 forms: confidence camps (for enhancing self-esteem and skill), Broadway camps (for training for a professional career in dance), and recreational (for fun, leisure, and skill!). Both the fall and summer sessions focus on recreational dancing activities and learning through auditions, different techniques, and practice.
What Services Do They Offer?
In addition to teaching jazz and hip hop, the Studio also offers other services like:
- Artist Development:
Owing to the leading choreographer and her background in the showbiz sphere, Donna can provide quality celebrity training to young individuals. The Studio is a home for artist development for all those youngsters trying to break into the entertainment arena. You can customize your artist’s development training by discussing your personal needs with the Studio.
- Birthday Parties:
Who doesn’t love an energetic and fun party to celebrate their children’s special day? Apex Dance Studio hosts a party for your child on their birthday and even offers games and contests to keep the party alive. At the end of the party, your child and his/her friend can showcase their dancing prowess to the guests.
The Studio offers different birthday themes to celebrate every kind of girl. Some popular themes include Ballerina/Princess, Hip Hop High School Musical—you can even suggest your own!
You can also request private lessons from the Studio. These lessons can be customized as per your preference, professional aspirations, and requirements.
Why Send Your Kiddo to a Dance School?
Wondering why you should send your kiddo to a dance school, here are top benefits of a dance school:
- Physical fitness: Dancing is a perfect way to stay fit and in shape. It is a popular form of physical endeavor that has various health benefits.
- Discipline: Learning dance not only teaches you different moves and techniques. It also teaches you discipline and endurance to see the final products through tests and trials.
- Collaboration: Your kids learn to collaborate with other children. It requires both individual support and teamwork. It also builds confidence and communication skills among children.
How to Decide What Kind of Dance Your Child Should Take
Determining what kind of dance your child should take up is really up to them. It’s also a matter of trial, error, and passion. Dance is nothing without passion form the dancer. If your child tries hip hop and they’re just not feeling it, they don’t have fun, they won’t progress at the level they’re capable of.
The best way to determine what kind of dance your child should take it to:
- Talk to them and let them decide what’s best for them.
- Show them what each style of dance looks like with videos, so they know exactly what they’d be doing if they chose a specific style.
- Talk to the instructors and let the instructors talk to your child. Nobody knows better than them!
- Ask if you can observe a dance class so your child can see what it would be like and if it piques their interest.
- Let them try new kinds of dance. If they don’t like it, that’s okay! They tried, they learned, and they can try again!
So, Are You Ready to Reach Out to Them?
Check out Apex Dance and enroll your kids asap! Let your kids use this time to explore new styles of dance and have the best time making new friends, learning new techniques, and expressing themselves! The dance instructors can’t wait to meet you and your child!
Looking for other incredible after school activities in Dallas, Texas? Make sure you check out these amazing options!